What would happen if we lived in a world without religion? Could this world actually do better than we are doing now? Who wouldn’t be here, what would happen to science? These are all questions I think about from time to time. So I will try to explain what I think a world without religion would be like or could be like. Keep in mind there is no proof for any of this since we in fact do have religion in the world.
1. For starters religious based wars would have never been. This would abolish the crusades as they are a religious based war.
2. Most of the Islamic Terror would end. ISIS, Al Qaeda are religious motivated groups. This can be understood based on their saying of allahu akbar meaning God is great. Now all Islamic Terror wont end as it is not all religious based. There will still be terrorist and bombings. Just not as many as there are now with religion being involved.
3. There would be greater science advancement in the world. I feel religion is just an excuse for people to try to explain the unknown instead of trying to figure it out. With no religion as an excuse people actually do research on things and study how things work. Greater scientific advancements would happen allowing us to improve more and more each day. I am not saying the cure for cancer would be here, but I am we would know more about the earth and universe as we would try to find out about it rather than use religion as a excuse for not knowing it.
4. Acceptance would be at an all time high. An example would be homosexuality. As we know most religions go against homosexuality and condemn it to hell. With no religion to tell its followers that homosexuality is wrong it then becomes a normal thing to see.
5. Religious morals go out the window and in the trash. I state also that religion tends to give people morals in life. So people who follow the morals in the bible for example would not in return follow them if it did not exist. People can tell right from wrong so that would not change. However certain things in which the bible teaches and gives a guideline for would not have existed, which means its followers would end up doing it in large numbers.
6. A world without religion will begin to create its own. With no figure to dictate peoples lives someone would take power claiming to be powerful. People would follow them until someone disagrees. Once they disagree they will either revolt or leave to start their own. Once others disagree then they will do the same. This will continue until you have different groups of people believing in different things. These people will end up following different people.
So as you can see and world without religion has good and some bad sides. Ultimately to me it will end up creating religion regardless of that fact that it started without it. Tell me what you think a world without religion would be like.
IF YOU ENJOYED PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE THREE YOUTUBE VIDEOS. ON A RANT AND REACTION TO RACISM AND THE MEDIA
AND NUMBER 2
AND NUMBER 3